Free Workshop on RTI drafting and avoiding rejection
Free Workshop on RTI drafting and avoiding rejection by NHRO supported by Samvad Foundation. RTI is a powerful tool in the hand of the people. Many of the RTI application gets rejected by the PIO because they want to reject and deny information. Attend this free session to know how to file RTI better.
This session is being organised by National Human Rights Organisation Maharashtra State Unit.
The session covers:
- Basic of Right to Information Act and it's background
- Difference between section 4 and section 6 of RTI
- The ground when you can complain to Information Commission
- The difference between State Information Commission and Central Information Commission
- How a PIO rejects an RTI application and how to avoid rejection
- A good RTI drafting
- How to deal with the first appeal and second appeal
Time: 11 AM - 2 PM
Facilitator: Hilal Khan (State President, NHRO) and Govind Sharma (Co-founder, Samvad Foundation)
About Hilal Khan
Hilal is the state vice president of NHRO and also an inspector with the Department of Post, Government of India. He is also a PIO for the postal department and comes with lot of experience in dealing with the application under Right to Information Act.
NHRO is a national level organisation promoting human rights and actively involved in the cause with 5000+ members in the 11+ states. You may visit nhro.in for more detail